Amazon’s Appetite for Whole Foods Higher Purpose
With the recent Amazon acquisition, it will be interesting to see how/if Whole Foods Market can stay true to the higher purpose that’s carried them through good times and bad. As a reminder, here's where Whole Foods stands now...
Whole Foods Market‘s Higher Purpose:
With great courage, integrity and love – we embrace our responsibility to co-create a world where each of us, our communities and our planet can flourish. All the while, celebrating the sheer love and joy of food.
Whole Foods Market‘s Core Values:
The following list of core values reflects what is truly important to us as an organization. These are not values that change from time to time, situation to situation or person to person, but rather they are the underpinning of our company culture
1) We sell the highest quality Natural and Organic Products Available
2) We satisfy delight and nourish our customers
3) We support team member excellence and happiness
4) We create wealth through profits and growth
5) We serve and support our local and Global Communities
6) We practice and advance environmental stewardship
7) We create ongoing win-win partnerships with our suppliers
8) We promote the health of our stakeholders through healthy eating education
We have a strong preference for primary sources (i.e. direct statements issued from the company) when citing purpose/mission/vision/values. We believe that the wording and accessibility these statements are THE BEST indicator of the company’s commitment to operating a purposeful organization. Often times primary sources are not easily accessible via normal channels (websites, sec filings, job postings, executive interviews, etc) in which case we rely on secondary sources (aka hearsay). We usually caution against relying too heavily on secondary sources. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments, corrections, or updates.