Company Fact Sheet
Purpose / Mission
The Medtronic Mission is to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life for millions of people around the world.
1. To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.
2. To direct our growth in the areas of biomedical engineering where we display maximum strength and ability; to gather people and facilities that tend to augment these areas; to continuously build on these areas through education and knowledge assimilation; to avoid participation in areas where we cannot make unique and worthy contributions.
3. To strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products; to be the unsurpassed standard of comparison and to be recognized as a company of dedication, honesty, integrity, and service.
4.To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations, sustain our growth, and reach our goals.
5. To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
6. To maintain good citizenship as a company.
Vision: called "100-year plan"
"(Develop) innovations and implants that will cover virtually all of the human body"
- CEO Omar Ishrak discussing the founder's vision
Values: called "daily expectations in our work"
We each strive every day to meet the following expectations in our work:
SHAPE: We’re committed to being experts in what we do, with a clear vision of where we’re going and the plan to get there.
ENGAGE: We partner with and involve others, knowing that diverse talent, skills, and perspectives lead to better outcomes.
INNOVATE: We’re bold thinkers who create new ideas and bring our best solutions forward to benefit our patients, partners, and customers.
ACHIEVE: We do what we say we’re going to do – delivering results with the highest standards.
Link to Mission
Link to Vision
(go to 4 min 55 seconds of video)